I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles~Audrey Hepburn

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Veterans Day, I thank you


Happy Veteran's Day. Thank you Veteran's for all the sacrifices you make for me and my family each and every day. To all the men and women serving, I respect you! You risk your lives for us all to make sure we have the freedoms and safety that America strives for.

I don't think we are there for our Veteran's as much as we should be. We need to always support them and their causes. We need to always take care of them on and off the battle fields. I think everyone at one time or another should do something to let the troops around the world fighting for us know that we are there for them. You can do this by sending a care package, mailing letters or cards, visiting a hospital with wounded soldiers or even something as simple as shaking the hand of a man or women serving that you see in the street. Being there for their rallies coming home.

Any support should have nothing to do with what you feel politically. This is not a political thing. It's an American thing. And it's what we do best as a country. And it shouldn't stop with taking care of our own. Every day I will always think of each and everyone of them as hero's and I understand 100 percent just how important they all are to us before and now.

So thank you! I salute you!

5 comments:

  1. I love your post! I think we should do all we can to aw knowledge and thank those who risk their lives for ours. I would love for you to come by my blog if you get a chance.
    Happy Veterans Day.
    ~Karrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and thoughtful post. And yes, we do need to remember them every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post. If have one thing that anybody can deny, is that United States people aren't patriot. Congratulations Veterans.

    xx
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen, SCD... there is really no sufficient way to thank or repay these folks that sacrificed everything... past and present.

    ReplyDelete